Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tsuh!

= short for tsudesootyoon, farewell, goodbye, peace out!

Last day in Hayastan, and it's a sad one. Noush and Alyssa will be returning to Gyumri tonight, and we head back to the states tomorrow morning. Last night we had "VIP" (pronounced "VEEP") status at Cafe Astral, shared a hooka and bottle of Armenian wine, toasting to old and new friends. It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip.

I know my blog entries have mostly been we did this, we saw that, we ate this, we drank that, but really, there is so much more that cannot be captured in words, or even pictures. It's just an unexplainable feeling, understanding, and enlightment that has occurred to me, and I think I share it with Noush, my brother, and certain individuals with whom we have become close. I will do my best to share it with each and every one of you, but I know that each experience for each individual was, is, and will be different. It is now my duty to encourage and motivate you to visit your Hayrenik as well.

All I can say is this: Hayastan uh shot door us yekav (Hayastan was very much to my liking)!!! Sio! (=done, finished, that's all)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MEL!!! Your last entry brought tears to my eyes. I'm sooo sad you're leaving and I'm sooo mad I didn't go :( I love you and can't wait to see you and your photos!
-Megh